The PCT Sample Preparation System (PCT SPS)
Sample preparation is a significant bottleneck to discoveries in genomic and proteomic research. To address this issue, the PCT SPS was developed, which allows for the safe, rapid, and reproducible extraction of DNA, RNA, small molecules, and proteins from a wide variety of cells and tissues, particularly those considered “hard-to-lyse”. The PCT SPS uses an automated bench top instrument (Barocycler NEP3229), together with single-use sample processing containers (PULSETM Tubes).
Watch Our Video Demonstration >>
Features & Benefits of the PCT SPS
- Safe - PULSE Tubes offer a closed system to reduce sample handling and minimize exposure to pathogens/toxins
- Fast - Nucleic acids, small molecules, and proteins are released from a wide variety of cells and tissues in minutes
- Powerful - Up to 35,000 PSI (235 MPa, 2.35 kbar) can be used to lyse samples and release excellent quality and quantity of bio-molecules
- Efficient - Up to three samples can be extracted simultaneously, in minutes
- Versatile - Animal, plant, and microbial samples can be processed; either standard or user defined protocols can be used
- Reproducible - Computer controlled protocols mean consistent sample extraction each time, every time
Issued Patents - More >
View the various Pressure BioSciences, Inc. issued patents on Pressure Cycling Reactor, Nucleic Acid Purification and more...
Licensing - More >
View information on Pressure BioSciences, Inc. licensing.